Alabama neeewbie

8 Replies

Greetings all, long time lurker...first time poster. I'm from Alabama and hoping to get into real estate investing. Looking to network and learn from experienced individuals on here and HOPEFULLY find a mentor(or mentors) but would appreciate any help/advice. 

Very interested in flipping/rehabbing houses and have tons of saved houses and properties in and around my area. Everywhere from Zillow to realtor.com, craigslist,homepath, local realty groups etc....it's become a slight obsession :) 

Thanks much

Promotion
Sundae
Property Marketplace
Find Professionally Vetted Properties from Motivated Sellers
Eliminate the need to hunt for houses again. We bring your next investment opportunity to you.

I'd absolutley love to get up with you on that. I'm a bit aways from Birmingham though...but would seriously be interested in learning more. Especially since there are pretty much NO real estate groups anywhere around where I am. I'm near Eufaula....have you ever heard of it?

Hello Joe,

Nice to meet you.

Here's a list of REI clubs in Alabama I found (I can't personally endorse any as I haven't made time to attend YET):

http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-clubs/alabama.html

There's at least one in Montgomery, might be worth the relatively small investment in time and money just to network.

All the best!

Toxey

@Jarrod Cook

I’d love to introduce myself. I’m on a similar mission/goal to find a mentor.

I have a contractor background with electrical and HVAC mostly. And I am willing to help with any repairs/replacements in exchange for knowledge and helping me get started.

2056886079-cell

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you