Hello! New investor from Philadelphia

10 Replies

Hi everyone! 

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Carolyn and I'm completely new to investing but I am looking to do my first wholesale deal in the next few months (thats how long I'm giving myself, you can't research forever, gotta take the leap). I will be working in the Philadelphia area and just looking to meet new people that have the same interests. I want to learn all I can from the vets and make some connetions. I do not have anyone in my life that I can learn from as far as investing so here I am!

Hi @Carolyn, Welcome to BP!  You will definately learn a lot here.  I am in the Philadelphia area as well.  If I can help in any way let me know!

Welcome to BP @Carolyn Paige

Great job at putting a time limit on your goal. If you haven't read the book "The One Thing" by Gary & Jay, I definitely recommend it. It'll help you in all aspects, as well as Real Estate. I promise. Much respect that you're willing to continue learning from others who aren't in your life right now. Consistency and perseverance will get you your first deal!

Best regards:)

Hi @Carolyn Paige   Welcome to BP! This site is a great resource. I wish that I found it many years ago.

I also invest in the Philadelphia area. If there is anything I can do to help you out, please don't hesitate to ask.

Congrats on setting a specific goal for yourself, that's a great first step. 

Welcome @Carolyn Paige ! This site is priceless in what it has to offer both new and experienced investors. I recommend going on meetup.com and looking through the real estate investing groups on there and their upcoming events (R.I.N.G., HAPCO, DIG etc.). I have attended a good amount and have really made some great connections. Wishing you all the best on your investing journey!

@Carolyn Paige  Welcome to the community, of BiggerPockets! Be sure to check out the forums, the blogs, podcasts as well as other parts of this amazing website and like minded community. The people here have a vast amount of knowledge and are more than willing to share their experience and provide sound insight and advice. Do not hesitate, to post questions and bounce ideas around in applicable forums. Much to your success!

Thank you all so much! Wow I feel so welcomed...thank you! I actually do have a question.. I have been searching for a REIA in Philly and I cannot find one for the life of me, is there one in Philadelphia? It seems like it would have to be but the closest one I have found is in South Jersey. I will check out the meetups you have suggested @Kelly Bochna , thank you. Thank you everybody, I feel the love! xoxo

Hi @Carolyn Paige , welcome to BP!  You've come to the right place.  There is a Diversified Real Estate Investors Group (commonly known as DIG) for investors in the Philadelphia area.  Check out their site at digonline.org.  Joe Scorese, if you're out there, feel free to chime in w/ more information about DIG for Carolyn.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you