Property manager and Realtor in Spring/Houston, TX

6 Replies

Howdy to the BP community!

A Hoya and Aggie by education, but a newly born Texan through good luck and location!!  I am a Property manager and Realtor based out of Spring, TX.  I am excited about sharing and learning from my BP peers in the months and years to come.

Over 27 years of military experience that continues through this day as a COL in the United States Army Reserves.  Service to country and clients is how I approach life in general.

Look me up if you're ever in Houston/Spring, TX.

Chris

Promotion
Sharestates
America's Private Lender
Receive Fix and Flip Funding Approval In As Little As 24 Hours!
Sharestates helps developers and brokers secure funding quickly with the most competitive terms.
Get Funded

Hello and welcome to BP!  Thank you for your service to this country!  I used to have some relatives that lived in Spring and I have a couple of friends that moved to Houston but neither one is into real estate.  I was born and raised in Dallas Texas.  I still live in Dallas County and I found BP about 8 months ago and I am still deciding what to do.  I think that education is critical to minimize your mistakes.  I have heard from an experienced man that mistakes and fear are pretty normal.  Learn from your mistakes and turn fear into something positive.  After you set up your business, which is not personal, find/get a Team put together with local and experienced members who will help you when you call.  The typical Team members are Attornies, real estate Agents, CPA's (or accountants), Inspectors, General Contractors, and Handymen.

Always do the analyze numbers and try to look at the property before you make an offer or at least have a clause in the sales contract that allows you some time (typically 15 days) to inspect the property and possibly back out of the deal without a penalty or a small one.  Right after you close on a property get an insurance policy that will protect you if their is a loss.  As soon as you can get to it after closing change the exterior door locks.  If the locks are still good just install them at another address.

I am 59 years old.  I also went to college, not that it is mandatory, I got a business degree that emphasized real estate.  Since I was in Texas and planned on staying there I found out that I qualified for a broker license just by taking a test and not taking anything extra.  I kept that license for about 30 years.  I closed a few deals for other people, both residential and commercial deals.  Regardless of what I had I felt more comfortable in the construction business.  I have been in the construction business since I was 17 including those college years.  My father has been in real estate buys and sales and he has taught me a little bit.  If you think that I could help you please contact me through BP at any time.  Good luck!

@Chris Matson :  Welcome to BP!  This is a fantastic site for a wealth of information and networking.  I'm a sea aggie '02.  My boyfriend is an officer in the Army Reserves!  What area do you cover as a realtor?  We were just looking at 2 properties in Houston last night?  I am new to the BP site and real estate investing in general.  I now am positioned to find and analyze a deal or two!  I'd love to chat with you some time about your area of expertise!

Good luck,

Kristy

Hi Kristy,

Thank you for the welcome.  I'm based out of Spring, TX and try to focus on the North side of Houston but some of my investor clients have me going all over the place. 

If you ever need help.  Don't hesitate to ask.  What unit is your boyfriend with?  Its a small world, he and I might have crossed paths.

Chris

@Michael Lee

Thanks Michael.  I appreciate the kind words.  I currently serve with a unit at Fort Hood which I'm sure you're familiar with.  If I can ever be of assistance to you or your friends and family in the Spring area, don't hesitate to reach out.

Chris

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you