Investor in Oregon

6 Replies

Hi, My name is Mary.  I recently left my nice, stable engineering career to stay at home with my 2 kids.  I focus on generating passive income from duplex and single family homes located on the east side of Portland Oregon.  I have also done flips to generate extra cash.  My future goal is to supplement my passive income through property management (I manage all my own properties) and short term flips.  I look forward to learning and sharing here on BP.

Mary

Welcome Mary! Sounds like you already have a good start and some experience on REI. Looking forwards to hear from your experience!

Promotion
Innago
Property Management Software
Manage Your Rentals Better For Free. Save Time & Money.
Easily Collect Rent, Screen Tenants, Sign Leases, List Properties, Manage Work Orders, & Much More!
100% Free Try It Now

Hi Mary! Welcome to BP, this is a great place to meet people and learn! Looking forward to learning from you. What's your engineering background?

Hey Mary, 

Welcome to BP! It's such an amazing resource to help you expand on what you are already doing. I live in Sandy as well and would love to hear all about your real estate experience. I am under contract on my first flip in the Portland market, and just closed on 5 units in Madras,OR.  I've been wanting to start a investor meetup in Sandy for awhile now, so it's nice to know there are others already here! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the warm welcome.  Even in this short time it seems like this is a great place to collaborate with others.  I am looking forward to meeting all of you at some point.

Julie Marquez - I am an environmental engineer, with an emphasis on water policy, water regulations and permitting, contaminated site cleanup and stormwater management.    If there is anyone out there dealing with contaminated site issues (heating oil tanks, junk/salvage yards, auto recycling yards, etc.) or other environmental issues am happy to be a resource if it is within my wheelhouse.

This has been a very scary process to leave my good job and transition to a business owner.  It is great to know that there are folks doing this every day and doing it well.  I look forward to being part of the group !

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you