Votes
Shaine Mata
  • Mission, TX
Votes |
New Note Investor from Mission, Texas

Shaine Mata
  • Mission, TX
Posted May 13 2016, 06:24

Hello. My name is Shaine Mata. I live in Mission, Texas. For you airport types, I'm next to MFE. 

I discovered Bigger Pockets through Google Play Music's new podcasts. Then I checked out this website. 

Thanks to the podcast, I also learned about REIA and found my local club. Last night, I attended my first meeting. I will be attending a workshop on note investing by Joe Varnadore this weekend.

I am interested in the standard progression of real estate investing; however, my job on 2nd shift as a machine operator working 6 days a week, 10 hours per day severely limits my free time. What free time I get, I try to spend with my family, which is only Sunday. 

I recognize that investing will require time looking for properties, analyzing deals, making offers, etc. Not impossible if I had to do or die; but, unlikely to be done well. 

It seems that a much more efficient use of my time would be note investing, which can be done on the computer and over the phone. I think I will start with partial payment mortgages until I have enough cash or business contacts who can help me finance real estate deals. 

Speaking of business contacts, I was very impressed with the caliber of members of the RGV REIA. I paid for my membership immediately after.

Another obstacle, besides time, is bad credit. It's not too bad. What really hurts me is that I dropped off the credit radar for more than 10 years. Now I'm having to rebuild.

Long term, I should like to try the different real estate investment hats until I become an accredited investor. After that, I haven't given much thought. 

I am 41 years old. A couple of years ago I had one of those moments when I had just had enough of barely scraping by every month. Since that day I have been rebuilding my life the way I should have done from the start. I have managed to save up some money, with the additional option of tapping into my IRA.

I think that if I had tried to venture into investing a year ago, I could not have managed it. Everything seems to be pointing to GO at this stage. I think my role in the coming weeks will be to meet local investors.

I look forward to this new stage in life. 

Loading replies...