Investor from Rochester, NY.

10 Replies

Hello bigger pockets, I'm very excited to be a pro member and to get started on using this awesome site. I just became a pro member after a webinar by Brandon. I am a single father of 3 and a grandfather of 4. I'm a very blessed man in that area!

I got started in real estate about oh, 20 years ago with my brother Michael Duemmel who is also a member of this site. We started our using the Carlton Sheets program and I bought first property, a multi family for $500.00 bucks out of pocket. I then freely assumed the mortgage, I was hooked. I actually house hacked, right Brandon lol.

After that I had some personal mishaps that devastated me (divorce) was one. I lost everything, at that time I was also had a nice e-commerce website besides starting the real estate. It helped me buy my dream home, a log home in the country. I wound up losing it all! That's when I had to fall back on my painting business again to get me through, that's where I currently am today. But not for long, hopefully with the help of this site and what my brother and I know, I won't be painting much longer.

Promotion
Innago
Property Management Software
Manage Your Rentals Better For Free. Save Time & Money.
Easily Collect Rent, Screen Tenants, Sign Leases, List Properties, Manage Work Orders, & Much More!
100% Free Try It Now

Shout out to Michael S.. Thank you for the welcome post's, I look forward to talking to and learning from you and the rest of the BP community in the coming future. 

Welcome @Mark Duemmel .  This is a great site.  The podcasts are great.  They offer a ton of insight even if you have quite a bit of experience in real estate.  I know there is a physical meet up at times also hosted by @Rebecca Lebowitz .  Hope that you are able to get everything that you are looking for out of this.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you