Votes
Tom Howard
  • Gardena, CA
Votes |
Feeling Conflicted

Tom Howard
  • Gardena, CA
Posted May 19 2016, 04:36

Let me first introduce myself. I'm Tomas and I finally decided to become a member. I was a very active reader here but I decided to try and engage in conversation here. I feel like I'll feel a lot more confident with the helpful community of BP.

So, most of what I've been doing is just listening to podcasts and reading books before I joined here. I always read the forums a lot before joining. I got to the point where I felt confident enough and I was going to close on a house in mid August. (writing this it might seemed that I rushed into that but I've been doing my hw for over 7 months, I just don't want to drag on with how I've been studying) I don't have much money so I wanted to build up a little portfolio of sfrs. Once I've gotten a fair amount and I have some income coming in every month I wanted to go bigger and invest that into apartments. The reason I feel a bit conflicted is because a buddy of mine told me "no man, listen to this." and pointed me to a few Grant Cardone videos haha. You probably all know where this is going. Obviously Grant is killing it. But whenever someone talks about a sfh he hates the idea. Always saying sfhs is dead. It's a terrible idea. 

I know I'm not going to get rich off of sfhs. I just wanted to get some income rolling in so that I can then move into multi family. Is that so bad? I wanted to get maybe 20-50 sfhs to get some good income then start investing in 10-30 unit complexes. After watching a lot of his stuff it just worries me that I really shouldn't head down this path. But everyone's different. There's different ways to build wealth. I guess since I'm a newbie, info from someone like Grant can really impact me. Any info at this stage really can. I'm just feeling unsure now about closing on that house now because I feel like it's such a bad idea. The way he talked about it just made me feel terribly unsure. Say you're in my shoes, what would you do? Still close?

Loading replies...