New member from Alabama

9 Replies

Hi, my name is Lisa Johnson and I'm from Foley, AL.  I have always been interested in real estate and started off my career in mortgage lending.  Currently, I am a Career Coach but I feel drawn back to my first passion.  That is why I want to start flipping houses.  The idea of taking an old, run down home and turning it into someone's dream, while improving the neighborhood, really excites me.  I love every aspect of this process from finding the deal, to demo, to making it great, and finally selling, is what I feel I'm meant to do.  I am just getting started on this journey so any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Welcome @Lisa Johnson .  There are so many great resources on BP.   Also, I would  suggest meeting some other fix and flippers in your area and offer your assistance to learn some ropes.  Best to you in pursuing your passion!  

Promotion
Baselane
All-in-one Financial Hub for Rentals
Still using Excel to manage your rental finances?
Simplify rent collection, bookkeeping, banking, reporting, and taxes. Less stress, higher ROI.
Learn More

Welcome Lisa,

We're in the middle of our first flip and we're tired! Lol.

Seriously though, it's been rewarding and fun so far, with a lot of hard work, which we plan to mostly contract out next time. :)

We wish you the best!

Toxey

Hi Toxey,

I'm excited for your first flip!  I wish you great success.

Maybe in the not too distant future, I will be able to say I'm working on my first flip too.

Best Regards,

Lisa

@Lisa Johnson  I have been working on finding a decent flip myself. I keep striking out due at the moment. Haven't had a good bid accepted but it is just a matter of time. 

It is just about taking action and learning the market. I would also say that having a partner helps alot.  I have been fortunate to have a partner helping me out recently. So just a few things from my journey!  

Happy Investing!

@Lisa Johnson

Welcome!  We flip houses in Baldwin & Mobile Counties.  We did one earlier this year in Daphne, and lots of opportunity for good buys in Foley.  Let me know if you ever want to chat real estate.  I live over in Fairhope and I'm a Realtor as well.  I would love to be of assistance.  Best of luck flipping your first house!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you