• Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Votes |
Investor from Richmond, VA

Krista Dodson
  • Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Posted May 25 2016, 12:15

SO glad to have found Bigger Pockets. I've been an investor since 2003, when I married my husband, who house-hacked his first house in Arlington, VA. I was a CPA in Northern VA at the time. Since then, I quit my job to raise a family, we have moved to Richmond, VA, raised 4 kids, and I am looking for a "new career".

And here I am on Bigger Pockets.  I'm thinking real estate is our future.  We still own the home in Arlington, and that is pretty well self-managed.  We are looking to expand our rental real estate portfolio here in Richmond.  I love to do the minor interior handiwork, and my husband likes to do the big projects.  

We have a contract on a SFH in Richmond, VA as our second rental unit. We are planning to install a utility room, to house the washer (currently where the dish washer should go) and dryer (currently in the third bedroom). We are interested in meeting contractors in the Richmond area, other real estate investors, and investor-brokers.

And if anyone has any experience in renovating in the city of Richmond, I'm looking for information on permit requirements, rental codes, etc.  

Glad to be here, guys!

Loading replies...