Real Estate Investor in Florida

15 Replies

Hello BP community! 

I go by Naomi, my birth name is spelled Noemi but I prefer Naomi.  I was born in Colombia and lived in Chicago for a few years before the winter pushed us to come to Florida. I don't have any work experience in Real Estate but I have 6 years of Cake Decorating experience, so if I need to I will offer a cake in my negotiations :)  I am a new investor with big dreams to make real estate investing my full time career, I am stay home mom of a two year old boy and a undergraduate part-time student. I thought that going to college to get a job that I semi-liked was my only option.  I started studying how to invest in real estate in January and now I see the great possibilities to build wealth, my dream is to make ugly houses into pretty ones.  I enjoy reading books (drama/mystery, biographies and self-growth) so feel free to message me if you would like to share your favorite book! I am currently wholesaling in Kissimmee, St. Cloud and the South Orlando area and I live in Port St. Lucie, looking to take on my first flip in the near future. I joined BP because it has great learning materials and I want to start new friendships. 

Be Blessed

-Naomi

Hey @Naomi Osorio-Rodriguez , welcome to BiggerPockets! It is great to have you and please feel free to jump in the community - there are certainly great people around here!

And oh, learn how to use BiggerPockets to grow your business by checking this quick guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/biz

See you around!

Promotion
MyRentSource
Property Management
#1 Turnkey Property Management Solution in Atlanta since 2006
Turnkey Solution with Tenant Guarantee, no up charges on repairs, extensive tenant screening...
Find Out More!

Hi Naomi,

Welcome to BiggerPockets!  I recently joined as well.  I live in Massachusetts but thinking about moving to Florida at some point, I even have a saved search on Zillow for houses in Port St. Lucie, Fl, I heard is nice.  

I can share some of the great books I've read:   The Instant Millionaire, Success through Positive Mental Attitude, Think and Grow Rich, Rich Dad Poor Dad.  I also listen to: Les Brown and Jim Rohn in YouTube.  I can guarantee you these are outstanding books and great inspiring people.  

I wish you success and a blessed day! 

Welcome Noemi, "compatriota" welcome to Bigger Pockets and the great state of Florida. I am new to this site but have done investments in the past. Looking to re-energize myself again in the knowledge and power of real estate. If I can be of service please let me know. I am located in Ft.myers, Fl

Welcome Naomi !! Sounds like you started with the right books.  Keep up the positive outlook and keep networking.  Hope to hear how you completed your first flip also. 

@Naomi Osorio-Rodriguez  Hi Naomi! Just wanted to wish you well as you get started on your journey. And welcome to BP community. There's so much info to dive into and learn from. If you haven't started checking out the podcast yet, there's definitely some great info to glean while driving or doing other things. But I mention it because one of the recent shows, I believe Show 176, had Tom Krol, who is wholesaling and killing it in Port St. Lucie. So you may enjoy that podcast, and it may be some encouragement as well as you get off the ground. Best of luck! 

Promotion
PassiveInvesting.com
Private Real Estate Syndication Team
ATTENTION: Learn the 7 Red Flags for Passive Apartment Investing
Do you want to learn how to know if you are investing with a good operator? Check this out now.
Read Article Now

Hi @Ryan Beacher , thank you for the wishes and your welcoming message!! I do listen to Tom K. on his podcast (Wholesale Inc.), not sure if you listen to his personal podcast, I hope to meet him in the near future,  he is very encouraging. I noticed you live in Gainesville, my husband's family lives there so we drive up to visit every few months... I LOVE the architecture of the houses in Gainesville and the calm environment! His family just bought a new house, can't wait to go up to check it out :) 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you