newcomer from winnipeg, mb

8 Replies

Greetings BP community. I'm totally new in the world of REI. I've been out of the loop however. I've returned to Canada after 20 years living and working in Asia, and not finding work an easy task. My interest in the community and in REI in general is to be able to move to Minnesota in the beginning of 2017 to be with my partner (who I met while living in Asia). I'm keen to build up some funds via wholesaling in the USA. Very eager to build relationships with people in REI so I'm able to achieve that 1st of many goals....MINNESOTA! I look forward to meeting/chatting with you.

Welcome Travis! Let me know if I can provide any information on the Minnesota market, I'm located in Minneapolis. Where in Minnesota will you be moving to?

Hello @Travis Kemp and welcome to the BP community! At BP, you can connect with other real estate investors from around the world while getting the information you need to succeed. You came to the right place and I wish you a ton of success.

Hi @Travis Kemp, good to meet you on BP. You mentioned that you lived and worked in Asia for 20 years. Because of market volatility, many foreign investors are diversifying their investments through real estate portfolios in Asia. Japan in particular is currently popular for affordability and high yield. I'm interested in knowing your thoughts on the Asian market and what brings you to the U.S. real estate market instead.

Welcome, I've spent way too much time in Asia and owned companies in Hong Kong and China so welcome to a slower pace. Over there everyone wants to be a millionaire in 1 year-LOL

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you