Broker from Nevada with many years of experience

3 Replies

New to the group. I have been a real estate Broker for the past 30 years. Enjoy working with buyers and sellers to make deals happen. Real estate is changing so quickly now. The methods used by most realtors learned from the banks over the past 10 years are actually hurting deals not helping. Time to help the change happen.

Large down payments when the buyer may be using assistance monies, and may not need the sum asked for to purchase. i.e. $5,000 emd for a $250,000 purchase with a Home at Last financing. Requirement to go hard on the money prior to contingencies time periods. Accept the house as is with no repairs. Trying to limit exposure of the SRPD when the seller lived and occupied the property. Must use Mary at xyz title and provide pre-approval letter from Bob at ABC mortgage. As you know in Vegas the MLS is full of hoops that Agents not Sellers require from Buyers that ultimately kill deals. I actually like it those disgruntled sellers are my best lead source.

Respa is cracking down on some of those. They are going after the agents "Requesting" buyer to use xyz title. They are no longer allowed to word it like that. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you