New Member From New Jersey Eager to Learn and Act

14 Replies

Hey Everyone!

I am Antonio, and I came across BiggerPockets by reading Brandon Turner's book on investing in Rental Real Estate.  I want to get into real estate to be able to spend time with my family one day !  I am a software engineer and from Marlboro, New Jersey. If there are any meetups in the area I would like to attend them to learn more and meet new people who are also interested in rental real estate investing.  Any advice for a new beginner would help! 

Promotion
PropStream
Web + D4D Mobile App for you & the team!
Trusted Provider of Real Estate Data, Marketing, Skip Tracing & A
#1 Real Estate Software for Investors, Agents & Brokers to find leads and close deals nationwide.
7 Day Free Trial!

@Antonio Cucciniello

Welcome.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider the No Money Down book by Brandon Turner

http://get.biggerpockets.com/nomoneydown/

Paul

@Paul Timmins  

Thank you for the advice! 

No Money Down is next on my list, I just started The ABCs of Real Estate Investing.  I will add Book on Flipping Houses and the book of Estimating Rehab Costs up next!

I was looking to attend a couple of meetups but I will look into REIA club meetings!

@Antonio Cucciniello welcome to BP! There are many RE investor events, which you can find on meetup or through here. There is one in Totowa this Wed, next week in Union County and throughout the month in Newark and Jersey City.

Definitely keep learning and use this site to your advantage.

@Chris DePrima welcome as well! Where are you located?

@Jerome Jewell , where do you do most of your wholesaling? Let's connect.

Promotion
RentRedi
Smart Tech For The Smart Landlord
The Smart Way To Manage Your Rentals
Enjoy growing your portfolio without paying more for it. Unlimited units & easy-to-use apps.
Get Unlimited Units

@Antonio Cucciniello Welcome! RE books I read recently, both great reads - Millionaire Real Estate Agent - Gary Keller, The Dip - Seth Godin

As a newbie, house hacking would be a great way for you to start - buy a multi-fam house, live in 1 part, rent out other(s).

All the best!

Hi Antonio,

Hello & Welcome to the BP Community!! You have taken a big first step in your investing career I applaud you for that. You have made a wise choice in joining the community. This site contains a wealth of information from blogs, podcasts, webinars, articles, books, etc... I suggest you take advantage of all of it and educate your self as much as possible. Depending on which investing path you choose checkout the book section as well as there are some great books to read. But, most importantly locate some local REIA groups, clubs or meetings to attend as they can be the best source of information and insight to your local market. You can also meet and talk to other liked minded people such as yourself. If there is anything I can help you with or questions I can answer for you or maybe just discuss your investing plans. Please feel free to connect with me I am happy to help if I can.

Good Luck Antonio & Happy Investing!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you