• Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
New member in Philly area

Alex Benazet
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Jun 16 2016, 08:51

Hi BP!

I am a 28 year old newbie investor with a background in finance & accounting. I'm looking to expand beyond equity investing in my ultimate quest for financial independence.

I've lurked around BP and have been interested in real estate for quite some time. However, the time commitment involved and my general lack of knowledge especially in the repairs/contractors/handyman arena has kept me on the sidelines. 

Having been a renter in the Fishtown area (a super hot market right now) for the past few years, I've come to love Philly and believe it is a great place to live and invest. 

I believe I want to house hack in some capacity, but can't seem to decide between a multi, a SFH, turnkey or fixer upper. Hoping that hearing other people's stories and seeking advice will help me narrow down a niche.

I'm interested in local events, networking, helping others where I can, and generally learning about different strategies. In the upcoming months I'm going to be scounting a bunch of different areas of the city. I love riding my bike around and would be more than happy to report on certain areas for you or visit neighborhoods with other people. 

I look forward to interacting and hopefully meeting some of you in my area! 

Alex

Loading replies...