New member from Illinois

11 Replies

Hello everyone! 

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. Great website for learning and I find myself on here for hours reading every article possible. Anyways, I wanted to start contributing because I am looking to purchase my first Multi-family home and wanted advice/tips on how to proceed. I am seeing my second property today so excited about that!

I am investing for cash flow and was actually hoping I would be able to meet someone in Chicago who's been there/done that and I could pick their brain on everything. Thanks!

Hi Brendan,

Welcome to BP! Keep us updated with your search. People are looking for as much info as possible. Share what you learn. Good to see another Chicagoan. 

Good luck in your endeavors.

Promotion
RentRedi
Smart Tech For The Smart Landlord
The Smart Way To Manage Your Rentals
Enjoy growing your portfolio without paying more for it. Unlimited units & easy-to-use apps.
Get Unlimited Units

Hi Brendan and welcome.  Feel free to message me with any questions you might have or post a question or two up on BP and you'll get a whole bunch of advice and answers.  

Marcin

Welcome to BP @Brendan M. !

Congrats on closing your first property, looks like your off to a great start in your REI career. I am a newbie from Chicago and trying to learn the basics. I'm sure you'll find what your looking for as the BP members have been more than friendly and informative. I wish you much continued success!

Laurice Allen

@Brendan M. , Welcome! There's a local meetup that occurs every 3rd Tuesday of the month and there you will find lots of phenomenal people that you can network with. Brie Schmidt and George Foster can huve your more details. Good luck on your REI!

@Reginald Pintang , @Keishee Hill , @Marcin Talaga , @Laurice Allen , @Nino Alfano ,@Mark Nolan , @Latrice Archer , @James Syed  

Thanks for the notes and support! I should have been more clear, I meant I just went to see the property and haven't yet closed on one just yet, but fingers crossed one comes up soon! I found another in Chicago that I hope to view in the next couple days. @Latrice Archer, Thanks for the names of Brie and George. I would love to meet and network with like minded people! I just ordered Build a Rental Property Empire: The no-nonsense book on finding deals, financing the right way, and managing wisely and The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Intelligent Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing! so I'm looking to glean a lot of insights from those sources. Thanks again for all your help!

@Brendan M.

Welcome! The BP community is very helpful and lot of good information here as I have found since I joined not so long ago. I would also recommend checking this link for the best real estate books, I ordered most of them.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/14/best-real-estate-books/

Thanks Dhru Das. I'll definitely check them out! I was wondering if any of you have experience investing in MFR? Or maybe tag someone who does? I appreciate any help

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you