New member in Northern Indiana

12 Replies

My name is Darrell. I have only bought my current house. I am from the town of Elkhart Indiana. I work as a Network Operations Center Technician. I would like to increase my wealth and have a passive income to help with retirement. I bought the rental book from Audible.

@Darrell Gibson welcome! 

there are a lot of information on here that can help you get started. 

I'm not sure if it'll help you or not, but I started tracking rent statistics all of indiana recently, I don't have a huge amount of data yet, but it may help you in estimating average rents you may be able to get... www.rent-stats.com

Welcome @Darrell Gibson !

I'm on the same boat as you. Bought my primary, current house and looking for rentals. I'm located south of Indy. Feel free to touch base with me.

I'd recommend attending the local meetups in Indy (meetup.com) there are a few real estate investing related meetups. There's one from BP as well.

Thanks for the warm invite everyone. I hope to use the information to start my investing career. I hope to buy my first property by 40. Need to get the finances in order and save for the down payment.

See you all on the journey.

Welcome to BP  I am located in Granger and we buy 10-20 houses a year in St. Joe, Elkhart, Laporte, Kosciusko, Starke, Marshall in Indiana and Berrien and Cass in Michigan.  If you ever want to wholesale a house or want input on a deal you have (to see if it makes sense) just let me know. :)

Coolios, Thanks @Greg Carrier . We are concentrating on paying down debt and saving. We are aiming to have everything paid off and a savings for down payment in 2 years. With that said we will be starting our investing at the 40 year mark of our lives.

We have also talked about buying some tax sale properties. That seems like it may be a lower cost to entry.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you