New Member in Naperville Illinois

12 Replies

Howdy Ya'll!

My wife and I just moved from Houston, TX to Naperville, IL where I have a  new job as an actuary.

A few months ago, I read Rich Dad Poor Dad, which led me to BiggerPockets. I've been listening to the podcasts for a few months now and want to get my feet wet.

I am looking to buy-and-hold a few <$200K multi-family units in and around Aurora, IL and am looking to connect with real estate enthusiasts in the area who could offer some advice or know of any potential units for sale that are not on MLS.

I look forward to connecting!

Erik

Updated over 5 years ago

Correction: I am looking to buy-and-hold a few <$200K multi-family units in Aurora, IL and in any potential units for sale that are not on MLS.

Hi Erik and welcome! I'm a local real estate agent and fellow investor (flips). I live in Aurora, have flipped in Naperville, and buy and sell real estate throughout the entire western suburbs. Let me know if you'd like to connect so we can find you those buy and hold properties!

Promotion
Marko Rubel
ATTENTION INVESTORS
Get Deals 100% Funded – No Credit, No Banks, No Job Verification
New Unlimited Funding® program for investors: low-interest, without banks or shark lenders.
Check availability

Welcome @Erik Wenzel ! We are also in Naperville having relocated from NJ (with friends and family from Woodlands, Humble, Richmond and sadly--LaPorte ;) ). We've been here almost 6 years.

We currently own two single family rentals--one in Naperville and one in Aurora. We do well with them. Husband and I are happy to get together and give you he lay of the land of you'd like!  Just message me!

Welcome @Erik Wenzel ! Rich dad poor dad is an excellent read and I encourage you to read the sequel to that book rich dad's cashflow quadrant another great read. I'm not too far from you I live in the south suburbs in Evergreen Park. I would love to connect with you as I am also looking to get into the game.  

Welcome, Erik!

Hope you're not too scared of snow :) 

It's a great thing that you found this forum, there's soooooooo much that you can learn here! Make sure to watch the weekly webinars, they are available for a brief period of time to free users. Since I'm not too far from you, let's connect, maybe we can do business in the future!

Hey Erick!  I'm from Naperville as well.  I'm mostly focusing on wholesaling in the Aurora and western suburbs at the moment.  I have a property in Aurora listed on the marketplace right now.  Let me know if you'd like me to add you to my buyers list.

Best of luck!

Josh 

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

I am out on vacation for the next two weeks, but look forward to learning more from you all when I come back.

Happy Investing!

Welcome Erik,

Rich Dad Poor Dad is the book that initially sparked my interest and got me thinking about my financial freedom. I am in the surrounding area and I am a new investor as well. Welcome to Illinois. Goodluck on your journey. 

Hi Erik, I think most of us can relate when you say Rich Dad Poor Dad lit a fire in you to get started in REI. I myself am a resident of Naperville my team and I are full time Real Estate Agents with an extended staff which I use for real estate investing. Let me know if you need anything.

Promotion
Motivated Leads
Marketing For Investors…By Investors
We Get Houses For Real Estate Investors
We help investors get more off market deals from distressed sellers.
Learn More

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you