Newbie Buy and Hold from Hamilton Ohio

9 Replies

Hello all!  My Husband and I have been wanting to invest in RE for some time now but have just pulled the trigger this year!  We are interested in Buy and Hold investing.  The area we are currently investing in is a lower working class neighborhood in Hamilton Ohio.  The houses are the $30-40K; the kind that Josh can't believe actually exist, lol.  

We are getting closer to retirement and would like to speed that up a little with some passive income.  Our beginning goal is to buy and hold about 10 houses over the next 5 years to replace our income.  We currently have one that is rented out and is cash flowing well and we are currently rehabbing the second and hope to have it rented by Aug 1.  

We've been listening to as many podcasts that we can, visiting our local REIA and reading books. We have lots of questions about financing, DIY, and general REI. We're looking forward to meeting some of you and being a member of this great community!

hi @Robin Cox ,

Welcome to BP. I have been doing handyman work, after recently retiring from corporate America. Too soon to retire, we are looking to do the same with some buy, rehab, and hold. May even consider offering rent to own SFR. We are Looking for our first good deal.

Will be interested in comparing notes as we both move forward.

Promotion
PropStream
Web + D4D Mobile App for you & the team!
Trusted Provider of Real Estate Data, Marketing, Skip Tracing & A
#1 Real Estate Software for Investors, Agents & Brokers to find leads and close deals nationwide.
7 Day Free Trial!

Welcome @Robin Cox !  BP is awesome...I love it.  I'm sure you'll meet and exceed your passive income goals! 

I'm starting to research neighborhoods down your way and would love to hear your experience with your first property there.  LOL, not trying to move in on your turf, haha, but a young man I know is considering moving to the great Cincinnati area for his next career move and is hoping to buy an inexpensive property to house-hack and improve before moving on/up to a second property, etc.  PM me if you're willing/able to share your thoughts.   

Best of luck to you!

Welcome to BP @Robin Cox !

You have definitely come to the right place to ask questions. The forums and BP community are very informative regarding a plethora of REI topics. Meeting with local REI's is also a great way to share infor as well. I wish you much continued success!

Laurice Allen

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

@Theresa White I did PM you.

@Paul Timmins is a certified mortgage planner the same as a Mortgage broker? We are looking to refi  these 2 houses and thought we had to wait 6 months but I just read that is old info.  There is Delayed Financing now and we don't have to wait so we would like to refi asap and free up our cash again. 

@Geoffrey 

@Geoffrey Schaeffer LOL.  Yep that's us!  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you