New member from Winston Salem, NC

12 Replies

Greetings,

My name is Rob. I am new to real estate investing in the North Carolina. I own a few properties in Ghana, West Africa, by inheritance, but have not done any deals in the United States. My goal is complete my first deal before my birthday in January. At this juncture, I am reading, researching and doing my best to engage with those who have experience in real estate investing. My hope is to connect with other North Carolina real estate investors, specifically in the Winston Salem, Charlotte or Greensboro areas, who can help me in the execution of plan to create passive income through the buying and holding of multifamily units.  I am, however, also open to looking at single family units, but I have narrowed the criteria of single family units to those around my alma mater, Wake Forest. I look forward to plenty of fruitful dialogue and accessing the wealth of information participants on this site possess. 

Thanks!

Hey Rob, I am also just starting out in Winston-Salem and have a similar strategy, though I'm not looking to focus on MFH.  We should connect some time over coffee.  Shoot me a note when you get the chance.

Promotion
Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is a top mortgage lender
Save $1,290 on your next home – no lender fee*
Get special perks like $1,290 in lender fee savings when you buy a second home with Guaranteed Rate.
Apply Now

Welcome Robert! I am in Winston Salem and own a single-family rental by Wake Forest :) It's a great area! I am also a real estate agent in the WS area if you have any questions. 

I would suggest joining the Triad REIA if you want to get plugged in with other investors in the area. They have 2 lunches in WS and Greensboro every month as well as other meet-ups and learning opportunities.

I am new to Bigger Pockets myself, and am finding it to be a wonderful community full of knowledge!

Originally posted by @Terri Christie :

Welcome Robert! I am in Winston Salem and own a single-family rental by Wake Forest :) It's a great area! I am also a real estate agent in the WS area if you have any questions. 

I would suggest joining the Triad REIA if you want to get plugged in with other investors in the area. They have 2 lunches in WS and Greensboro every month as well as other meet-ups and learning opportunities.

I am new to Bigger Pockets myself, and am finding it to be a wonderful community full of knowledge!

Terri,

Thank you for your response. I will definitely follow up on your suggestions.

Hey arobert another whilesaler in Winston area. Just found bigger pockets last week. Got a contract underway just this evening in the wake forest area! Looking for fellow business partners for future deals and maybe even a good coach as ive just started myself! Look forward to meeting you and everyone else around the area at the next REIA event.

Promotion
Avail
Landlording made easy.
Best-in-Class Platform for DIY Landlords
List unlimited units, screen tenants, draft and sign leases, and collect rent—all free.
Use Avail—Free!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you