• Rental Property Investor
  • Utah County, UT
Votes |
Real Estate Investor from Utah

Andrew Dean
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Utah County, UT
Posted Jul 24 2016, 20:53

Hello!  I am completely obsessed with real estate investing and my wife finally convinced me to join BiggerPockets.  I live in the Salt Lake City, Utah area.  I come from a family of generations of bad financial decision makers.  Luckily I married a woman who comes from a family of real estate investors.  

I have experience in almost every aspect of real estate, but what interests me most are buy-and-holds. I love the passive income and depreciation benefits of buy-and-holds. Where else can you depreciate an appreciating asset?!? I consider appreciation in my models but not as heavily. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable with real estate and have an eye for what is/isn't a good deal. My wife and I own a duplex, fourplex, SFR and a condo that we rent out in the Salt Lake area. I think we'll stick with the multi-family properties for now, but are also looking into buying investment portfolios in other markets. Would love to learn from all of you and make mutually beneficial relationships in the BiggerPocket community.

Loading replies...