Investor, Charlotte NC

14 Replies

Hi Bigger Pocketers! I am Rasheeda and I'm a Real Estate Investor new to the Charlotte area. I was referred to BP by a contractor. Oddly enough, I am looking for contractors, private money lenders and people interested in sharing what they know (you don't have to call yourself a mentor) because I need help.

I look forward to meeting, greeting, learning and making money in this enormous BP world. 

Promotion
Avail
Landlording made easy.
Best-in-Class Platform for DIY Landlords
List unlimited units, screen tenants, draft and sign leases, and collect rent—all free.
Use Avail—Free!

Hi Rasheeda! 

I'd love to connect with you. I'm an agent and investor myself in the area. Also, one of the agents on our team, @Account Closed , has a new investors meeting here in Charlotte. Next meeting is August 4th and I'll actually be doing some talking about my investment experience and answer any questions investors may have. 

Let me know if we can help! 

@Rasheeda Green

Welcome to the BP family! You came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!  

@Rasheeda Green Welcome to BP! I'm new to the site as well. Although I've read quite a few books from BP and done a lot of research I'm here to connect with other investors, learn more and build up more portfolio. We should connect some time.

Originally posted by @Michael Bowman :

Hi Rasheeda! 

I'd love to connect with you. I'm an agent and investor myself in the area. Also, one of the agents on our team, @Matt Ruggiero, has a new investors meeting here in Charlotte. Next meeting is August 4th and I'll actually be doing some talking about my investment experience and answer any questions investors may have. 

@Michael Bowman I thought you did not like us investors ....? LOL

@John Williams

Originally posted by @Rasheeda Green :

Hi Bigger Pocketers! I am Rasheeda and I'm a Real Estate Investor new to the Charlotte area. I was referred to BP by a contractor. Oddly enough, I am looking for contractors, private money lenders and people interested in sharing what they know (you don't have to call yourself a mentor) because I need help.

I look forward to meeting, greeting, learning and making money in this enormous BP world. 

@Rasheeda Green

What are you trying to accomplish? That is my first question to most folks.  Then I can give you better answers.

@Curtis Waters is correct  good groups in Charlotte I been to 5  meeting in last few weeks and every one of them is selling coaching. So a lot of folks in your shoes. Go to as meeting as possible. I want folks to know this business is not as easy as most say. Right now we are in a sellers market , harder to find deals ( well good deals ). With that said with hard work and the right mentality every thing can be accomplished.

Just rambling now but is is 430 am so bare with me

Alex

@Tomas Chao thanks for the mention, however I do not solicit business publicly , my investments are only with folks that I personally know and are full time in the business with a demonstratable track record. I'll be glad to advise others as far as I can be helpful though !

Originally posted by @Alex Franks:
Originally posted by @Michael Bowman :

Hi Rasheeda! 

I'd love to connect with you. I'm an agent and investor myself in the area. Also, one of the agents on our team, @Matt Ruggiero, has a new investors meeting here in Charlotte. Next meeting is August 4th and I'll actually be doing some talking about my investment experience and answer any questions investors may have. 

@Michael Bowman I thought you did not like us investors ....? LOL

@John Williams

Rasheed do call Michael I can call him a young man. He really does get his business from both sides investment and management. He is not selling crap and giving some honest numbers. I am willing to park my funds with him. So obviously I am seeing good stuff from this young man.

@Michael Bowman

Hi. Thanks everyone. I will be attending some meetups, joining a REIA and hopefully building relationships with some good people @kenyaTeagan @MichaelBowman

@AlexFranks People-wise: I'd like to build a treasure chest of "go-to" people who are ethical, team players who don't mind sharing their knowledge so we can make money in real estate together. Business-wise: I'm looking to purchase some SF and MF properties for passive long-term income and do some flipping and wholesaling where possible for more immediate cash for investing.

@TomasChao thank you for the name. I will certainly check Don out.

Thank you ALL for your input. 

Promotion
Sharestates
America's Private Lender
Receive Fix and Flip Funding Approval In As Little As 24 Hours!
Sharestates helps developers and brokers secure funding quickly with the most competitive terms.
Get Funded
Originally posted by @Rasheeda Green :

Hi. Thanks everyone. I will be attending some meetups, joining a REIA and hopefully building relationships with some good people @kenyaTeagan @MichaelBowman

@AlexFranks People-wise: I'd like to build a treasure chest of "go-to" people who are ethical, team players who don't mind sharing their knowledge so we can make money in real estate together. Business-wise: I'm looking to purchase some SF and MF properties for passive long-term income and do some flipping and wholesaling where possible for more immediate cash for investing.

@TomasChao thank you for the name. I will certainly check Don out.

Thank you ALL for your input. 

@ Rasheeda Green  Take a minute to read the profile pages of all the folks you are speaking to here  and or the folks who been recommended to you. Think you will find you answers for everything you mentioned.

Alex

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you