Buy and hold investor from NJ

6 Replies

I have been on biggerpockets for about 9 months but have not been very active and it is time to change that. I wanted to start by reintroducing myself.

I am a long-term buy and hold investor looking to invest in SFRs. I am looking to own properties that I would want to live in. That is the guiding premise of my investing. While this will likely lead to lower cash flow, at least on paper, as I will be looking to invest in nicer areas, I feel this will lead to having better tenants and better cash flow in the long-term. It will also lead to more potential appreciation and that equity can be pulled out and reinvested in additional properties. I know betting on appreciation is a gamble but it is a bet I am willing to take.

Promotion
Avail
Landlording made easy.
Best-in-Class Platform for DIY Landlords
List unlimited units, screen tenants, draft and sign leases, and collect rent—all free.
Use Avail—Free!

Welcome Robert! I'd love to follow a similar formula, but that would be extremely challenging for me in NJ. For now, I'm focused on investing out of state. Best of luck to you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you