New member from Albany, NY

3 Replies

Hello! My name is Sean Lauber and my wife (Alice) and I are interested in using real estate as a means for investing our money. We've recently settled down in the Albany, NY area (originally from Montreal - then Toronto - then Vancouver - then Boston - and now here!) and we're working steady jobs now and getting a steady stream of income. I work in the biological sciences and my wife is in retail and with some excess money we're interested in buy and hold. We're thinking of a small multi-family to start out (using an FHA loan) and renting the other units. Ultimately we seek financial freedom so I can spend more time on my hobbies (homebrewing, guitar, farming) and taking it easy! Stress is the enemy and working 9-5 for 70% of the week (ie 70% of life) is unacceptable! I'm quite new at this so I have lots to learn, but with a committed (daily) routine I'm hoping to sink my teeth into something before the year is up.

Thanks guys!

Promotion
Avail
Landlording made easy.
Best-in-Class Platform for DIY Landlords
List unlimited units, screen tenants, draft and sign leases, and collect rent—all free.
Use Avail—Free!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you