New BP Member From Oxnard, CA...

4 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets!  My name is Jeff, and my wife and son & I live in Oxnard, CA.  It's so great already to have found this awesome community of like-minded folks, I can't tell you how excited I am!  I'm just at the very beginning stages of getting involved with real estate investment, so I will be doing a lot of reading on the forums/blogs and asking questions etc. but I am PUMPED to get started and for the entire journey!  

I currently have some limited experience in that we have owned a condo for the past 12 years that we originally lived in, but now rent out and get a pretty good positive cash flow from — so I have some experience as a landlord, however I want to take it to the next level.  My goal is to have 20 or so units over the next 30 years so that in retirement my wife and kids and I can live either off of the cash flow (hopefully most of them will be paid off by then) or liquidate my portfolio and invest that money into an even more passive, low-risk moderate-return investments.  So, needless to say I am most interested in the buy-and-hold rental properties avenue of investing.  I would love to have at least some multi-family units in my portfolio, if not going almost exclusively this route — I haven't quite decided yet.

Before this becomes a novel, let me again emphasize how excited I am to be here, and please feel free to reach out if you are in my area as I would love to initiate ongoing conversations with folks in my area that are in the process of achieving similar goals!  Thanks for reading, and I look forward to getting to know as many of you as possible!

Hi Cornelius! Wow thank you so much, that is awesome! Would you be at all interested in meeting for 30 minutes or so over coffee or, even better, come over to the deli and I'll buy you a burger and a beer as an appreciation for your time! I'm just digging in to this new endeavor and I'd love to pick your brain on the area and where you've found success etc. Thanks again for the response!

Promotion
Vacasa
Vacation Rental Property Management
We do the work. You get the ROI.
We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.
Free income estimate

High Jeff, Norman here. I have lived in oxnard since 1980. I 've been a realtor for 25 years full time. I am most of the time flipping properties. I know you can reach your goals even sooner. Take care. I have read lots of real estate books.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you