• Queens, NY
Votes |
New Member From Queens/Nassau NY

Alvin Tse
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Posted Aug 29 2016, 11:57

Hey all, 

I should have written this as soon as I made an account with BiggerPockets, but better late than never, right? My name is Alvin and I am a recent liberal arts college graduate. I am fortunate and privileged enough to have had the chance to study things I was interested in learning about, however I couldn't see how any of the things I learned could translate into a career for me. 

During a night out, a friend of a friend was telling me about all the commission he was making through leasing rentals in Brooklyn. The next morning I decided to sign up for a real estate salesperson licensing course online. A few days later, I found a job doing marketing and customer service for a well known broker in Nassau county. The events mentioned above happened in the past 1.5 months, and in that time, I have grown fond of real estate. 

To learn more about real estate and personal finance in general, I have been reading books such as Think and Grow Rich/Rich Dad Poor Dad, listening to BiggerPockets podcasts, and making connections whenever possible. Wholesaling is a facet of real estate that I am currently interested in, but I am open to learning about anything real estate related that will make me money.  I am a highly motivated person who is always willing to learn something new. 

If anyone is interested in pointing a real estate novice in the right direction, please don't hesitate to contact me :) 

Best, 

Alvin Tse 

Loading replies...