Greetings from northern Virginia

9 Replies

I've been lurking on BP for a while. It's finally time to go from lurker to active participant. My name is Brian Sipes and I live and invest in northern Virginia. I currently own one rental property in Woodbridge, VA and am currently looking for opportunities for a fix and flip. I'm primarily looking at potential flips further south in lower cost markets (in Richmond and areas just north of Richmond). I'm also considering my financing options for the flip, including hard money and other creative financing options.

Looking forward to being an active participant in the BP community.

I've also been hanging around, listening to podcasts but not getting super active on the site.  I've done some deals in the past but have found myself stuck recently.  I'm looking to put together a team/partnership with a couple other investors in the NoVA area that are interested in investing with buy and hold properties.  My thought is to pool resources (financial and time) to get things going again.  Multifamily is what I'm looking to focus on.  Are there any others in NoVA that are interested? 

Promotion
Roofstock
Buy & sell single-family rentals online
Radically accessible real estate investing
Get access to exclusive property listings, proprietary data, and support to build your portfolio.
Learn More

@Bobby Celiko I'm new to the NoVA area, Arlington specifically. I'm currently in the learning process of RE Investing but very hungry and ambitious. I have limited finances but I have time and effort that I can offer. My investment interest  are multi family buy and hold properties as well. If you are looking for someone to potentially partner with and talk about what that will look like I would be interested. Family owns rental property back in NY so i'm somewhat familiar with rehabs.

Guys - I live in Leesburg, VA (Loudoun County). I am also willing to join in the discussion/meet up if y'all are interested in getting together.

Hey guys I am a local investor from MD however I work out of Falls Church VA most days. We host a meetup in Falls Church VA on the third Wednesday of every month off Leesburg Pike. We cover everything from hard money lending, wholesaling, fix and flips, buy and holds, to contracts, laws, etc. We have investors at all levels; beginners all the way to 30 year pros. You are welcome to join, PM me for the address and details.

Also, I would recommend getting on Meetup.com and searching for BP meetups.  There are tons of really great local meetups and I have found networking with like minded individuals to be extremely valuable.  

For those who want to fix and flip properties in the Richmond area, I would suggest "Carytown".  It's one of the few truly "walkable" (safe) areas in Richmond, with shops and restaurants, and the houses are old.  It's close to VCU and downtown, but the prices are not yet totally out of control, like they are in "The Fan" or the "West End".  Not sure what restrictions there may be when it comes to remodeling...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you