Votes
Robin Nicholson
  • London, Surrey
Votes |
Canadian living in London, UK

Robin Nicholson
  • London, Surrey
Posted Sep 13 2016, 05:31

My husband and I own a fourplex in Thunder Bay, ON, Canada, a duplex in Kitchener, ON and a vacant piece of land that we wish to build a duplex in the next year - this also located in Thunder Bay. 

We currently have moved to London, UK for a new start and our real estate investing took a bit of a back burner. We have used the equity of the fourplex twice to complete major renovations and to help us purchase our duplex. 

We are not too sure if we should invest in a property here in London or focus more on properties in Canada. We are trying to get more accustomed to how things are run here in the UK, as real estate agents are not regulated and it can be sort of a hassle to buy property from what we can see. And expensive . . . We know that the Kitchener/Waterloo area is hot right now in Ontario, as there is a light rail system going on and it is close to Toronto. We may be looking there to send our money. Our goal is to use our real estate investments as a retirement fund and hopefully to help fund us to start working part time. 

I found Bigger Pockets through the Clay Morris' Facebook page as I have just begun to listen to his podcasts. 

If anyone has any information to help a couple Canadian's who are looking to really start our real estate empire, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Robin

Loading replies...