Votes
Josh V.
  • Excelsior, MN
Votes |
New member from Minneapolis

Josh V.
  • Excelsior, MN
Posted Sep 16 2016, 21:30

Hello BiggerPockets.  I am from the Minneapolis area and have lived here for 3+ years.  Originally I am from Kansas City.  My experience in real estate thus far is with the house we own and rent in Kansas City.  We lived in it for almost 5 years and decided to rent it out when we moved to Minneapolis.  These are the cities that I am looking to invest in since they are the ones I am most familiar with.  To start I am looking to get into single family houses and like a lot of buy and hold investors I am looking to replace current income.  I have always had an interest in real estate and am ready to get serious about it.  Working in finance with a mutual fund company has been great but it can be tough when your job, income and investments are all closely tied to the same thing, the stock market.  I read a lot and have listened to a lot of the BP podcasts and like how creative one can be in real estate.  There are many ways to be successful in real estate and I am excited to start carving my own path.  I will close it out with one of my favorite quotes:

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
-Calvin Coolidge

Loading replies...