New Member from Massachusetts

7 Replies

Good afternoon BP community!

I feel so lucky and privileged to have found BP and am looking forward to becoming an active member.  I live in Quincy, MA and like many of the newbies in this field, I am at a crossroad, where the 9-5 is becoming unfulfilling and independence of possibly taking control of my financial life is becoming all I can think about.  I am currently listening to a lot of podcasts and reading whatever I can get my hands on, but I'd also like to take the plunge asap.  I am looking forward to meeting others in this area with whom I can exchange conversations and ideas.  I'm primarily interested in buy and hold, but the big question is, how do I finance my first gig. While there are many options out there, I'm working on determining the best option for me. Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully I'll make some friends here.

Mariana

Welcome to BiggerPockets @Mariana K. !  Congratulations on taking the first step to getting started in the wonderful world of real estate investing.  As you said, there are lots of different options out there for what you're looking to do.  There's a lot of great resources here on this forum to help you consider some... don't be shy if you have questions!  If you ever have a question or need assistance, feel free to reach out to me... otherwise, best of luck with your investing endeavors!

Promotion
Avail
Landlording made easy.
Best-in-Class Platform for DIY Landlords
List unlimited units, screen tenants, draft and sign leases, and collect rent—all free.
Use Avail—Free!

Hey @Mariana K. and welcome to BiggerPockets! BP is the ultimate learning center for real estate investment. On BP, not only can you network with other real estate investors, but you can learn from the informative forums posted daily on the site, find properties that are for sale, take free courses, and much more!

You have come to the right place and I wish you the best of luck.

Hi @Mariana K. ,

Welcome to the BP forums!  Always glad to see another Massachusetts member.

I found that just reading several of the big posts and a several of the articles on this site helped a lot with determining good options.  Also, there is the Ultimate Beginner's Guide (www.biggerpockets.com/ubg) that provided me with a lot of the basic information and helped me formulate what kind of niche I wanted to go into, as well as how I wanted to handle financing.  On top of that, I have found just talking with some loan officers/brokers helped to clarify some options.  I'm sure there are many good ones on BP who could provide useful information.  Finally - I saw something about a Real Estate Investors group meet-up occurring for folks near the Quincy area/south shore in general... check this post... around page 3.   

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86/topics/346752-boston-massachusetts-south-shore-meet-up

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the responses and the warm welcome. I appreciate the time it took you and hope that this networking will lead to successful results for everyone. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you