• Orlando, FL
Votes |
New Member in Orlando, FL

Robin Hines
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Oct 9 2016, 11:09

Hi fellow BPers, 

I am new to BP, Orlando, and REI. I have been lurking around BP for the past several months without making an introduction so I figured it was past time to do that.

Here is a little bit about how I became interested in REI. In 2009, I became an accidental landlord when I couldn't sell my primary home in Birmingham, AL after moving to Georgia. I also inherited a multi-family which I co-owned with my sister. Both properties have been passive with PM in place. My sister bought out my 50% ownership of the multifamily over the summer (my choice), and I knew I needed to reinvest that money. Without having any knowledge of how to do REI, I was doing a lot of research about how to reinvest the money. Enter BP. I took that money and bought a turnkey SFH in KC. That experience has been positive, so I decided to do a cash out refi of the Birmingham property, and I'm about to close on my second SFH with the KC turnkey provider.

I have gotten the REI bug! Like I said, I've been lurking around BP for the past several months, but more recently, I've really become somewhat obsessed with increasing my knowlege of REI. Thank you to all my fellow BPers. This probably would not have happened with this website. Although I am very much interested in learning more about REI, I am in a professional environment with a job I really enjoy. That being said, I have the goal of complete financial freedom with REI eventually overtaking what I earn through my salary. I can now see that this is possible by taking my profits from my current properties and reinvesting to buy more.

I recently moved to Orlando, FL from Wichita, KS over the summer. Although I have taken the out-of-state turnkey route, I'm interested in meeting up with like-minded folks and learning about the opportunities in Central FL as I continue on this journey. Orlando folks, please let me know when the next local BP meeting is going to occur. I very much look forward to continuing to grow and meeting new folks (in-person and virtually) as I continue on this journey.

Loading replies...