Hello from Maryland

4 Replies

Hello to all. I am new to this site and new to the real estate investing market. I'm not very active right now as I am still trying to learn how to get started. Does anybody have recommendations for a good real estate investing book?

I look forward to learning as much as I possibly can from everyone as well as contributing back in the future.

Hello,

And welcome to the forum!

Chris is right, and his question may have a meaning that
you don't see right away.

His point is that there are many types of re investing
and you have to know in your own mind which kind you
are. Books are usually written specific to each type.

So...for an example...if you're going to buy foreclosures,
there are books on just that. I personally don't read them,
because I personally don't do foreclosures. So -- what kind
of re investing do you plan on doing?

And...did I mention?...Welcome To The Forum!!

I am not into foreclosures at this time either. Wholesaling will be based on your market so, that's where your local REI Club will help you best.

Tax liens are all together different from the two above. I suggest that you check your state laws and procedures. Find out about where the auctions are held. Attend a few of them and see how it works. Do the research on the properties before you start to purchase. There is some work involved.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you