Votes
Mark Smith
  • Buckeye, AZ
Votes |
New Member from Arizona

Mark Smith
  • Buckeye, AZ
Posted Nov 6 2016, 01:07

Hello Folks. I am just starting out following my interest in real estate investing. I have worked for two companies over the last 34 years and was just let go by the second because I am on disability waiting for surgery to fix some health issues. Twenty years of hard work meant nothing when my health declined. Such are the times we live in though right? Instead of feeling sorry for myself I am considering it a kick in the behind to get going on a plan to put my hard work toward my own and my family's benifit for a change. My cheese has been moved and I aim to find it. I know there is nothing easy about REI and I will have to work hard at it. I have lived in Arizona all my life and have seen, first hand, the growth of Phoenix, and lots of money made and lost in realestate by others over the years. It has interested for some time now and my time has come to give it a go. I am looking to start in the Phoenix area and am trying to gleen all the information I can at this time. It will be slow going until I have my surgery, but going none the less. I am joining this community because of the wealth of information I see at hand here. I wish I had joined and read up before I spent $2000 at the Doug Hopkins "Winning the Property Wars" 3 day I just attended, but I guess I'll call it an expensive first lesson in investing and move on. Before winning the award for longest intro ever I'll say I am glad I found Bigger Pockets and look forward to gaining knowleged that will help me to be successful at the business of investing in realesate.

Loading replies...