Votes
Syman Hay
  • Lopatcong, NJ
Votes |
Aussie in New Jersey Giants VS Eagles

Syman Hay
  • Lopatcong, NJ
Posted Nov 8 2016, 02:51

I'll first give a short story on how I actually got to be living in the garden State of New Jersey! 

I came to America on vacation and travelledaround the USA for four weeks with a mate from Australia starting in San francisco and ending in New York city. There were a lot of stories rom the trip that I will share in the future, anyway when we got to New York we decided to experienc an American football game and see what all the hype was about since we only knew about real football back in Aus ( Rugby ). The game was the NY Giants VS The Philladelphia Eagles, We decided to buy Giants supporter apparel since the majority of fans at Metlife stadium were Giants fans! after tailgating for the first time and having a ball we were leaving the game and heading into NYC when we met a group of American girls at the train station leaving the game. we got talking and I took a liking to one particular girl ( my now wife ). After leaving the USA I kept in touch with my new friend in the US and  conviced her to meet up with me the next year in Europe ( Paris to be exact ) which she went against her better judgement and did! we met up in Paris and continued travelling around Europe together. My friend had told her parents she would be doing this with a friend from college to convince them to let her go.

When we had come to the end of our European adventure my friend convinced me to come back to America and meet her parents ( Gulp ). She left for the US and three days later I showed up. Cutting the story short we did the long distance thing for about six months when I decided to make the move to the US. 

After the headache of getting a green card and moving to another country. We got married and had a baby in the first Eighteen months of living in the USA ( Talk about stressful ). Thats what brought me to Real Estate and providing the life I want for my young wife and son. I decided to get my Real Estate licence in New Jersey and try my hand at being a Real Estate Agent... Well I can say as much as I loved the education on Real Estate I Hated being an Agent! While doing this I was reading a little book called RICH DAD POOR DAD recommeded by my mate I had originally came to the US with. I did not feel comfortable advising people to put there hard earned money into a house that they hoped would appreciate in value ( Which I am sure some of them wouldnt mind as long as they have a home to live in ) but after realizing that a house wasnt an asset but a liabilty I had a hard time sellig this to people.  So I looked at Real Estate Investing instead....... Bring in Bigger Pockets! 

After finding this site I have fully committed to the Investment side of Real Estate and am pursuing my Dreams of being a full time Investor! I have a background in Mining and construction so I am a very hands on type of guy, not scared of hard work. I work for a large fortune 500 company in the health industry as a salesman so I travel around the state often. 

I have worked hard to get where I am now. I still have my Real Estate license ( tho in referal ) but still have access to the NJ MLS.

Any help or positive advice ( NO NEGATIVITY HERE ) would be most appreciated!

Thankful to be a part of this great community!

Syman hay

Loading replies...