• Agent & Investor
  • San Francisco South Bay Area (Santa Clara County), CA
Votes |
New Member from San Jose Area

Tim Pasken
  • Agent & Investor
  • San Francisco South Bay Area (Santa Clara County), CA
Posted Nov 16 2016, 13:20

A former Naval JAG Officer (attorney) for 10 years and current Navy reservist, I now live in Silicon Valley, where housing isn't exactly affordable. My passion and specialty is helping people live a Silicon Valley lifestyle without bearing the full costs of Silicon Valley home ownership. With duplexes and triplexes often overvalued and underwhelming, I've found detached secondary dwelling units are the best way to live in the privacy of a SFR while nevertheless bringing in significant passive income.

I first caught the investing bug in the mid-2000’s but began investing and landlording in earnest in late-2011. Since that time, I’ve completed multiple fix-and-flips on properties from $400k to $3+M, several 1031 exchanges, and have successfully argued before the planning commission to legalize secondary dwellings on lots zoned only for one dwelling unit. All the while, I have steadily grown my portfolio of rental properties to 24 units, divided between Silicon Valley, Coronado, San Diego, and Jacksonville, FL.

My goals are as follows:

* Grow my buy-and-hold portfolio to 200 cash-flowing doors.

* Successfully flip one Florida home per month.

* Successfully flip one Silicon Valley home per quarter.

* Assist at least three fellow investors each month with their buying, selling, conversion, or rehabbing needs.

I look forward to learning, growing, and interacting with you folks on this board.

Loading replies...