Should I Form An LLC?

2 Replies

I would like to begin buying and holding rental properties. Is it a good practice to form an LLC to buy them under? Is it hard to get financing from an institutional lender as an LLC?

-FRO

@Frank Oppedisano would need more details on your goals, but yes, conventional financing will be difficult to obtain if you want the deed in an LLC name. If you're working alone, you may want to just look into an umbrella liability policy while your business is still small.

That's helpful Zak, thanks. Basically I'm looking to buy multiple multi-family homes for long term rental income. I assumed I should start an LLC. What are the benefits of an LLC V an umbrella liability policy?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here