New member investing in Pensacola FL.

New member investing in Pensacola FL.

Real Estate Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hello! My name is Sam and I am new to real estate and this forum. After unsuccessfully looking for multifamily homes near the University of West Florida I purchased an acre in an amazing location. The plan is to build 16 2/2 apartments. I realize that this is an ambitious first approach into real estate investing but I seem to like making things difficult. I am also in the military stationed in Europe so that makes everything even more challenging. Currently I am working with a local contractor who has experience building multifamily homes and has been straightforward and reliable. I hired an engineer who drew up a property plan and is meeting with the county to gain approval. Then the contractor can begin gathering estimates and getting me more accurate costs. Then I can begin the hard part, getting this thing paid for. 

This being my first experience I have a lot of questions and am open to any advise from more experienced investors. Thanks for having me and I look forward to learning all that I can.

1Reply
7 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor / Wholesaler · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 667 votes
    9y

    Welcome, I invest in Pensacola as well so if you ever need any recommendations on subs or have questions let me know. I mainly wholesale single family homes but I am a landlord and flipper as well. Shoot me a PM if you have any interest in getting on my buyers list. 

    Good luck on the apartment building and I wish you a lot of success!

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    9y

    Hey @Sam Bassin welcome to BiggerPockets!

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Spokane, WA · Member since 2014 · 733 posts · 155 votes
    9y

    @Sam Bassin congrats on taking action.  I am also stationed overseas in Europe.  Though I don't invest in P'cola @William Allen does and id suggest giving him a call, skype, FaceTime or something to gain some knowledge.  I'm getting ready to PCS to Keesler AFB in a few months after I complete OTS @Maxwell AFB.  Hit me up if u have questions

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Sam Bassin

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. A great resource is the webinars section of the website. https://www.biggerpockets.com/proreplay

  • Real Estate Broker · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 7 votes
    9y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets, and to investing in Pensacola! Wish you much success!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.