Michael C.
  • Warrenton, VA
Votes |
Young and Ready to Invest in My Future

Michael C.
  • Warrenton, VA
Posted Jan 4 2017, 10:22

Hello all,

My name is Michael, I'm 18 years old and currently living in Warrenton VA. My brother recently got his first job out of college working in Alabama as a GIS technician (or something like that.) My family and I were ecstatic that he landed his first job and that he was going to (hopefully) have a secure life ahead. That mentality changed when my phone started buzzing with texts from him talking about this foreign idea of investing in real estate. For the past year I've been trying to conjure up businesses, each time my idea is too big to create (making social media apps for example.) Suddenly what my brother was telling me started to make sense and I felt he was the one who landed our first shot at doing something successful. Apparently he had stumbled upon this site and instantly he was hooked. He read countless books on the subject (ranging from Rich dad, to books published by Bigger Pockets) and then began explaining all he had learned to me, suddenly I was hooked as well. This constant hunger for wanting something big from life and not settling for something little is exactly why real estate drew me in so instinctively. I felt no matter the path I took in this labyrinth, I would always find the exit and thus my pathway to financial success. I've been lurking on these forums for a few weeks now, just trying to pick up on any tips and knowledge I can absorb before we embark on this endeavor. I am a successful college student (so far :D ) but I want more from life. I don't want to look forward to a chain being wrapped around my neck, tugging at me to get up at 9 a.m and leave at 5 p.m. I value the importance of a job, and I plan on holding one, I just feel I can free myself financially through other paths such as Real Estate. At the moment I am trying my best to catch up to my older brother in that I am reading/listening to books any chance I get so that when I make the dive into this business so that I slice through with ease rather than belly flop on the surface. We are looking at wholesaling properties as well as rentals at the moment, but I want to learn about all aspects of Real Estate. I consider myself to be a very hardworking person and someone who would be more than willing to exchange my hard work and thinking towards bettering your position so long as I obtain experience and knowledge in the process. I look forward to meeting all of you!

Loading replies...