• Real Estate Investor
  • El Paso, TX
Votes |
New Member & Beginning Investor from El Paso, Texas

Jim Jopling
  • Real Estate Investor
  • El Paso, TX
Posted Mar 3 2017, 09:29

Hello everyone!  I've been lurking on BP for a few weeks now and figured it was time to introduce myself.

I have been practicing law for over 20 years.  I live in El Paso, Texas with my wife and two sons.  I'm 52 and looking to get into real estate investing part-time while I continue to practice law. No, I'm not a real estate attorney - I litigate in the areas of labor law and family law.  Plus whatever else comes along that sounds fun.

Ultimately, I would like to build a portfolio of cash flow properties to augment my retirement. While my main strategy will be buy and hold, I am not averse to wholesaling or flipping, if that seems right for the deal and my situation at the time.

I am about 3 weeks into my REI education. I have taken the advice of several people from this community by writing down my goals and making a plan for achieving them. This had been great for me! Kind of like improving my nutrition.

Thanks so much to the entire BP community for creating this amazing resource. You've saved me from dropping $$ on gurus and, no doubt, delivered better information than I would get from them anyway.

Loading replies...