Maggie Wray
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
New investor in Atlanta, GA

Maggie Wray
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted May 26 2017, 02:34

Hi!

I’m just getting started with Bigger Pockets, and wanted to jump in and introduce myself here on the forums.

I am a small business owner in Atlanta, looking to generate more passive income over time by investing in buy-and-hold rental properties.

My current goal is to learn as much as possible about buying and managing rental properties, and to purchase my first property within the next 12 months.

During the past month, I’ve…

• Read Brandon's book on Managing Rental Properties
  • Read Scott’s new book Set for Life
  • Read The Millionaire Real Estate Investor
  • Been constantly listening to the Bigger Pockets podcast episodes
  • Attended several of the BP webinars
  • Set up alerts on Zillow and Redfin for properties that meet my criteria

…and I just purchased the BP Pro membership yesterday, so I can use the calculators to analyze potential rental properties.

The two investment options I’m considering at this point are...

1. Purchasing a 2-bedroom townhouse, condo, or SFH in the Atlanta area that I could rent out for $100+ CF/month.
  2. and/or Selling the townhouse where I'm currently living, so I can move to a duplex, triplex, or quadplex that could work as a house hack.

I would love to connect with other real estate investors in the Atlanta area, so if you know anyone in the area you think I should meet, please let me know :)

I’m thrilled to have found the Bigger Pockets community, and am looking forward to learning from you all!

Thanks & best wishes,

Maggie 

Loading replies...