Jesse Carlson
  • Iowa City, IA
Votes |
Getting back at it from Iowa

Jesse Carlson
  • Iowa City, IA
Posted Jun 1 2017, 21:09

Hello everyone,

It feels great to be back. I got off course after a couple deals fell through and thought I would try some other things to build capital (which did pan out as well as I hoped ((shiny object syndrome)) Anyway I was more focusing on business things and not real estate. I started listening to the BP podcast again and I heard one last week or the week before, where the guest was from Illinois, close to the Quad Cities. I got some good nuggets of information from that podcast. That podcast also hit close to home, because one of my deals that fell through was in Clinton IA. The other deal was in North English IA that fell through. The guest was Meghan McCallum. She gave advice of not asking for a mentor and seek out a Partner. The funny part about that, is the previous evening I had sent an email to a local wealthy individual asking to be my mentor. The email was mainly a step to continuing to push my comfort zones and i'm glad in a way they didn't reply back because then I would have ask to shift to partner instead. Then today I was listening to Zeona McIntyre and her success story with AirBnB and her partnerships. These two podcasts got me to thinking, if these two can be successful in real estate, I can dive back in again and try again. 

Today, I got laid off from my electrician job. I don't know all the details yet of when or if i'm going back. I have 3 years completed in my apprenticeship program. I've never been fired or laid off before so this is all new to me. It's kind of exciting in a way and it let's me lean into fear and push my comfort zone. Now I have time freedom, I need to maximize my time to build deals up and then equally give me financial freedom. 

I have an LLC that I formed in February for when I get deals going. I don't have resources to go to the bank and just get a loan to finance deals. So, my main goal is to bring together partnerships and break my first deal, and acquire many more deals.

I appreciate if you've taken the time to read my long post. Like I said It's been awhile since I've posted. I am going to make 2017 my year to shine! 

Loading replies...