New member introduction. In Athens GA.

New member introduction. In Athens GA.

Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes

Hello to all I have been lurking on bigger pockets for about 5 months, but never thought I should post cause I am relatively new and don't have much to offer. As a wise man once said: "it's better to be thought of as a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

However I just listened to episode #222 with @Jay Hinrichs who by the way blew my mind with the timber business story. I am currently sitting on 10 acres and about to find someone to sell it to. 

But I digress, Joshua Dorking and Brandon Turner were suggested to introduce our selves and start net working. 

So here I am my name is George Kasaev and I am a fix and flipper with an interest in BRRRR. Hello to all.

4Reply
204 views

Most Popular Reply

Dacula, GA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 6 votes
9y

Welcome George, 

I am also in Athens I am in the middle of my first BRRRR project myself.

Do you know of any active REIA groups around. I found one, but it seems to be dead



Joel

See this reply in the discussion

162 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Whats up guys, I will be out of town that week or I would be there having a cold one with you all!

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Josh Oden glad to hear it love being in groups ha ha ha. 

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Bryan Pham we mainly focus on a 3 - 5-mile radius surrounding Athens.  But will go anywhere there is a deal. 

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Travis Oglesby bummer man. Hope your trip goes well. Spread the word about the meet through your channels if you'd like. Everyone is welcomed.

     Just a reminder meeting on 10/19/17 at 6:30 upstairs at Allgood Lounge downtown Athens Ga

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Ethan Atkinson We spoke about this meeting earlier in the week. I know you have a lot going on but if you have time please, swing by meeting on 10/19/17 at 6:30 upstairs at Allgood Lounge downtown Athens Ga

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Brad E. @Joel Owens @Joel Snipes @Michael Blank @Account Closed

    Ok, guys, today is the day! Just a reminder meeting on 10/19/17 at 6:30 upstairs at Allgood Lounge downtown Athens Ga

  • Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 23 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    @Georgui Kasaev - I'll be there!

  • Dacula, GA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    I'll be there too!

  • Cumming, GA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    I'll be there!

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP.

    Are you doing projects locally in Athens? 

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y
    hey guys we are in the back upstairs.
  • 🎉 Director of Events at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 430 posts · 438 votes
    8y

    @Georgui Kasaev I think you're tagging the wrong person because I live in Colorado :) 

    BiggerPockets
  • Dacula, GA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    It was great hanging out with everyone yesterday! 

    @Ethan Atkinson Is there still a REIA meeting this weekend?

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Alexandra Hughes Pailet I am so sorry, I did tag you by mistake, I did not know you could tag people that were not part of the conversation from the beginning. My apologies. Denver, that is one scolding hot market. May I ask how you are doing up there? 

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Antoine Martel Thanks you so much. And yes we are doing projects in Athens. We have 2 rental properties right now. We are currently focusing on fix and flip. We also love value-add projects. I see you are in the middle of a ground-up development. I have been looking into some ground up but don't know much about it yet. Would you recommend a resource to learn from about ground-up development? 

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Frank Husted @Josh Oden @Alexander Smith It was a pleasure chatting with you guys last night! Hopefully, we can make this a once a month thing. I enjoyed learning about your goals and sincerely hope we can work together soon!  @Ryan Hamm and @Joel Snipes Sorry we had a miscommunication on where to meet. Glad you guys came out and had a chance to talk to one another and supper glad we saw you before we left. As far as for the big REIA group meeting, I have not heard any plans for making it happen this month. I think the next one is in October.

    @Brad E. @Joel Owens @Michael Blank @Account Closed

    Do you guys want to go ahead and plan our next gettogether? It seems like Thursdays after 6 works for most. Any feedback would be great. Thank you all. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Georgui Kasaev:

    @Antoine Martel Thanks you so much. And yes we are doing projects in Athens. We have 2 rental properties right now. We are currently focusing on fix and flip. We also love value-add projects. I see you are in the middle of a ground-up development. I have been looking into some ground up but don't know much about it yet. Would you recommend a resource to learn from about ground-up development? 

     I do not know of any good resources to learn from for a group up development. I think that if you can find the right team and put the right people in place to help with a group up development then you will be in good hands. 

  • 🎉 Director of Events at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 430 posts · 438 votes
    8y

    @Georgui Kasaev I actually work for BiggerPockets, which is what brought me to Denver! I've only been here about a year, but yes, the market is on fire. I haven't invested myself (yet) but I'm certainly learning quite a bit from my colleagues and the BP community! 

    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2011 · 306 posts · 156 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Joel Snipes:

    It was great hanging out with everyone yesterday! 

    @Ethan Atkinson Is there still a REIA meeting this weekend?

    No meeting this past weekend. Sorry for the delay. I am getting a great meeting for early november. I think I will also organize an easy social get together this week for the regular Athens REIA. Now I have some good folks helping me organize and keep things on track. A conference is definitely in the works for a Saturday coming up soon. Stay tuned.

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Alexandra Hughes Pailet Ohh that is really cool. I bet that is an awesome environment to work with. I hear you guy got a new office! Congrats! Id love to hear about your first deal! Welcome to real estate investing! 

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Antoine Martel Sounds good man thanks. 

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    @Ethan Atkinson That's awesome! Let me know how I can help. 

  • Professional · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y

    Hello everyone, I moved back to Athens earlier this year and want to begin real estate investing!  My experience lies mainly in underwriting and rehabbing 200+ unit multifamily properties, but I'd like to get into single family as well!  Looking forward to meeting the real estate community and buying some properties!

    Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 880 votes
    8y

    Welcome @Georgui Kasaev, awesome to see you finally introduced yourself, we all have to start somewhere!

  • Realtor · Athens, GA · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 123 votes
    8y

    Tanks bud @Matt Motil however, you have said that a few times now. Starting to feel like some sort of a glitch ha ha. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.