Newbie from Georgia

8 Replies

Greetings from sunny Georgia,

My wife and I live near Ft Stewart GA (where I am stationed). We own a rental property in Paonia, CO and are closing on our second property in Hinesville, GA which we will use as our residence with the eventual aim to turn it into a rental as well. We are making the transition from simply collecting real estate without any clearly defined goal to intelligently investing in real estate to achieve a specific end. BP has been instrumental in helping identify our shortcomings and lack of knowledge while simultaneously offering us easy access to the information we need. Such a huge help.

I am a soldier in the Army and my wife is a full time emergency room nurse in Savannah. Our short term goal is to purchase 3 more properties in the area with the goal of flipping two and holding one for a rental. Although we have financial goals in relation to real estate, we have been pleasantly surprised by how much fun we are having with the process.

We look forward to learning more before we move on to our next property.

Hope everyone is having a great day

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

Thanks for your service.

The key is having fun as you said. Stick to the niche in real estate that you enjoy. You will want to excel more and more at it. 

@Ashford Perry Welcome to BiggerPockets.

Thats a lot of information here and it's easy to spend a lot of time "going down the rabbit hole" as there are so many topics to explore. If you haven't already, I recommend getting started with the Podcasts. As it seems you already have some experience you can check out the File Place to see if there is anything to help you with your transition.

@Ashford Perry  Hey Ash and welcome to Bigger Pockets! The road map for real estate investing success can be found at Bigger Pockets! Connect with experienced investors and get deals done correctly on Bigger Pockets. Congratulations, you came to the right place. I wish you success.

@Ashford Perry   Welcome to Bigger Pockets and thanks for what you are doing to keep myself and my loved ones safe. I pray for you. Keep having fun in your investing. I enjoy this world of real estate Investing also and that is key to success I believe.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you