New military BP member from Corvallis, OR

5 Replies

Hello BP community!

I am currently a 2d Lt in the Air Force at pilot training in Mississippi. Over my college years I developed a keen interest in real estate investing, and more importantly the financial freedom it can bring!

I am a "newbie" with no properties yet, but will achieve Scott Trench's first stage of wealth creation ($25k capital) by November 2018. I plan to buy a duplex at my next assignment location (using the VA loan) and combine "house hacking" with the BRRRR method.

I have big goals with an actionable plan -- I am ready to dive in head first. Not many people around me my age are as motivated about financial freedom as I am, so I would love to network as much as possible with all you high achievers out there! I would especially love to talk with those in the military who are on the same path. Please feel free to reach out and I will do the same!

Thank you for your service, @Ashton Cleveland , and welcome to BP!  You have joined a supportive and knowledgeable group of people.  I have been working with multiple individuals in the military who are doing the same thing you are doing!  Such a great plan.

I look forward to following your journey, Ashton!  Have a wonderful day.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you