Brand New Investor in Utah

5 Replies

My name is Tyler Martindale and I am brand new to real estate investing. I'm originally from Boise, ID, and now live in Utah County, Utah.

I've had a passive interest in it for quite some time but decided it was time to actually do something about it! I am eager to learn all I can and hope to buy my first investment property by 2019 at the age of 22. I'm interested in buy & hold investing in both Utah and Idaho, and also have some interest in using wholesaling to get kickstarted in investing.

I'm here on BiggerPockets to learn, and I'm eager to soak up all the information I can, and plan to participate as much as possible. Hopefully someday soon, I'll be able to pass on the things I learn to other young investors.

@Tyler Shane Martindale Welcome to BP! I'm sure you will have great success with time on your side. Spend as much time as you can listening or watching the podcasts and webinars. Practice using the calculators. When you are ready/able get a PRO membership, it will be well worth it for the resources it provides. You should be able to get a discount code at the end of a live webinar. The PRO membership will allow you to listen to ALL of the podcasts and webinars and unlimited use of the calculators. Ask questions on the forums and learn as much as you can. But remember, you never need to know it all to get started. Just know enough to run your numbers accurately and find a good deal. Good luck!

Welcome Tyler, I also had a passive interest, but turned my interest into my passion... I'm glad you are doing the same!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you