Newbie in Missouri

5 Replies

Hello to everyone.

I am currently taking an online class and feel pretty excited about the potential of this business. I'm glad to have stumble onto this site because I'm sure that it will offer a real world perspective that an on-line class isn't designed to give. I look forward to learning.

I have been looking for a REI club in this area but so far I can't find anything. Who should I ask?

Hey

Not sure exactly where you are in Missouri but their is a link on the right hand site of the page towards the bottom that says, "Real Estate Investment Clubs." You can search by state. Hope that helps

If you cannot find a club, why not start your own? Use resources like this one and sites like Craigslist to gather people together. You can just start out as a networking group and move on from there. If you need any help, I'd be happy to throw you some more ideas.

BTW - The link skelly is talking about is on the left side of the page - Real Estate Investment Clubs

I checked the link, nothing. I'm in SW Missouri.

I'll consider starting one. The only thing that I fear is "the blind leading the blind". I may take you up on your offer of help big.

Thanks

Hello and welcome!

It's not the blind leading the blind.

Those that come to such a meeting will not all be
new to the trade. They will contribute knowledge.

If you are anywhere close to Oklahoma you should
draw from there as well as that is a good state to
be investing in rental units right now. There should
be plenty of rehabbers from there that would want
to come.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you