New Member- Capital Region_Albany New York

15 Replies

Hi Everyone! I'm a longtime listener to the bigger pockets podcast and I am just making my way to these forums. I'm based in Albany, NY with my husband and baby girl. We are going to be in the market for our next deal in feb/march so I figured it would be good to start networking now! These forums are great resources.

At this point, we are looking to network with others in the capital district to see what has worked for them. We are a buy and hold family with a few properties. our most recent was a full rehab job in Troy that we are wrapping up right now. We need our next property to be a little less time intensive. Any wholesalers/ selling agents out there who want to connect would be great!

I look forward to networking with everyone!
Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth, 

My husband and I and our baby boy are also investors in Albany. Our families have done this for quite some time, but we are just beginning our own solo projects. We have found it very helpful to connect with others in the area.  I'm going to PM you a quick question about your Troy rehab. 

Jamie

Hi @Elizabeth Lozier , my wife and I are investors in the Albany area. Specifically focused on SFH's and duplexes (we own a few buy and holds) in high-quality suburbs around Albany. Hard to find deals lately for us but in the process of closing on a duplex now. We grew up in the area and now live in NYC but plan to potentially relocate upstate in the coming years. Happy to stay networked with you all and best of luck!

@elizabeth lozier @aaron lozier. Welcome to the forums. For networking and connecting with wholesalers in the capital region you might want to check out Action Investors Network. It is the local REI group and I have met several wholesalers there. We meet on the third Wednesday of the month which will be November 20th next month. The meeting are held at the Century House in Latham and you can get more detail on the group website or Facebook page. Website is actioninvestorsnetwork.com.

Best of luck to both of you.

Bryce

Good luck @Elizabeth Lozier

I'm not a wholesaler or selling agent, but grew up in Albany NY and am buying my first house there too! While I'm new to RE, my strengths are in risk modeling, analysis and automation. Let me know if there's anything you want to chat about!

I will be looking for some referrals in the coming months (slate roof repair and mold removal to start off, oy vey!) - I will definitely appreciate a point in the right direction if you've dealt with that before.

Hi Elizabeth,

I'd be interested to hear more (contractors used, what lender, etc.) about your rehab project in Troy? I have a 4 family over by HVCC that so far has been a great experience.

All the best
Steve

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you