• Ferndale, WA
Votes |
Newbie from Blaine WA / Surrey BC

Micah DeGouveia
  • Investor
  • Ferndale, WA
Posted Oct 23 2017, 10:12

Hi all,

I'm Micah de Gouveia and I work full time for an Electrical Engineering firm in Surrey, BC. I'm also currently completing my Bachelors of Technology for electrical engineering part time so life is pretty busy right now. My wife and I currently live in Surrey BC, however she is an American working as a health care professional in Bellingham so we are actually looking to house hack our first purchase somewhere near Blaine or Lynden.

I initially joined bigger pockets for the educational material and tools, but when I realized there was a whole ecosystem of people on here I became pretty excited to meet and network with other experienced real estate investors and agents in the area.

Our short term goal is to house hack a 4-plex somewhere north of Bellingham and then once we have taken that first step we can start to look outwards in terms of investments. Some of the other external markets I'm interested are Indianapolis and eastern Tennessee. I have family and contacts in both those areas and since we travel to those areas to visit family anyways it makes sense to start there in the near future.

I look forward to meeting and talking to people in my area!

Loading replies...