Re-Introducing myself! From Australia moving to Ohio!

25 Replies

Hey everyone!

Quick bit about me: I have been going through the Visa process to move from Melbourne, Australia to the great country of America. After many changes in trajectory the move now is confirmed: I'm relocating to Toledo, Ohio by early 2018 - around February, to chase my Real Estate dream! I will be getting some help from @Engelo Rumora to get started and I am super excited to get there and make things happen!

I introduced myself a while ago on BP but I haven't been as active as I'd like so I thought I'd do a re-introduction as my plans are more solidified now and I will be on the forum A LOT looking to add value, contribute and build quality relationships as I'm basically moving to a country to chase my dream where I barely know anyone so I'm absolutely looking to build relationships and help any way I can on here!

My goal is fix and flip my way to use the profits to buy and hold Multi Family. I'm chasing $100k net passive income in 2-3 years and from there, who knows. 100k is a minimum goal and I'm sure I would keep investing as I love Real Estate & being ambitious but that is my goal, for now!

Thanks for the great forum here & I look forward to making connections and absorbing and utilizing as much knowledge as I can! 

Hey Dan that's awesome! I'm from Sydney and have been working with Engelo myself.  You'll be in very good hands. Would love to hear how you go and keep in touch. I too am wanting to build relationships. As Engelo himself says it's the Teamwork that makes the Dreamwork 😀

All the best mate,

Suvir

Dan Toledo is the land of opportunity when it comes to rentals. I’m not in the fix-and-flip category, more the buy @ $20k, fix-and-hold for $700/mo market. 

Feel free to look my company up when you are in town, happy to share some contacts that are flippers. 

Stay the course whatever you focus in, become the best and you will never want in this town. 

Hope all works out well for you Dan! I have a soft spot for Toledo as that is where my mom and a lot of my family still live. Quite a leap of faith to make that kind of move. Hopefully, it will create a lot of good posts of success that we can all be inspired by!

@Suvir Salins Hey mate! Awesome. Definitely stay connected! Yeah, the people are critical in the U.S market, for sure!

@David Hansen For sure David! Thanks for reaching out and I will definitely connect with you when I arrive

@Andrew Fidler Fantastic! Glad to hear those numbers as I'm definitely not moving for the lifestyle haha! Definitely seems like an investors dream for cash flow! Thanks for reaching out and offering those contacts - I will definitely connect with you when I arrive!

@James Dickens Thanks James! Definitely a big move. 

@Matt Motil Awesome, man! Definitely keen to connect when I'm there!

@Bryan Pham Best thing I've heard recently haha. I feel like an Alien here in Australia when I tell people I'm moving to America to chase my dream. Let's stay connected!

Congrats on making the move @Dan Wickland ! I moved back to the US last year after living in Melb for a few years and I now invest in Cleveland, OH, just down the road from your future home! You are in for quite a change of pace heading out to the midwest! 

Geeze, I miss my old Fitzroy days but am keen to get back down there next month for some summer. I'd be keen to grab a pint and talk shop if the timing works!

Originally posted by @Dan Wickland :

Hey everyone!

Quick bit about me: I have been going through the Visa process to move from Melbourne, Australia to the great country of America. After many changes in trajectory the move now is confirmed: I'm relocating to Toledo, Ohio by early 2018 - around February, to chase my Real Estate dream! I will be getting some help from @Engelo Rumora to get started and I am super excited to get there and make things happen!

I introduced myself a while ago on BP but I haven't been as active as I'd like so I thought I'd do a re-introduction as my plans are more solidified now and I will be on the forum A LOT looking to add value, contribute and build quality relationships as I'm basically moving to a country to chase my dream where I barely know anyone so I'm absolutely looking to build relationships and help any way I can on here!

My goal is fix and flip my way to use the profits to buy and hold Multi Family. I'm chasing $100k net passive income in 2-3 years and from there, who knows. 100k is a minimum goal and I'm sure I would keep investing as I love Real Estate & being ambitious but that is my goal, for now!

Thanks for the great forum here & I look forward to making connections and absorbing and utilizing as much knowledge as I can! 

Ohio welcomes another investor! What brings you to Toledo? Best of luck to you!

I'm on the west side of Cleveland and Welcome to Ohio - check out the local REIA groups they are pretty active. I am always curious of people coming to the US - of all the places you could go...why the one you are choosing?

@Tom Ott Thanks, Tom! Opportunity brings me here. Lots of Cash flow with a low price point = gets me to my goal quicker. Let's stay connected :)

@Michael Norris Thanks, Michael! I definitely will be checking out the REIA groups. The reason I chose Toledo is because it gets to my goal faster than most other markets; cheap homes with strong cash flow! Plus I made some connections there.Let's stay connected mate!

Hi Dan

I would love to hear more about your process on getting the E2 visa with real estate investing.

I'm currently looking myself for a way to do this and relocate from Belgium to Jacksonville, Fl.

Thanks a lot

Frederic

Welcome  I met the dingo on the real estate investing forum in AU.. when he was famous for buying the least expensive home in AU.

he has put in his apprenticeship and its exciting to see him doing so well.. this is a great country.. Like the Dingo he came here not speaking any english and with limited funds and is now a real estate mogul.. were else in the world can you do that..

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

Welcome  I met the dingo on the real estate investing forum in AU.. when he was famous for buying the least expensive home in AU.

he has put in his apprenticeship and its exciting to see him doing so well.. this is a great country.. Like the Dingo he came here not speaking any english and with limited funds and is now a real estate mogul.. were else in the world can you do that..

God Bless America Jay,

And it's "Real Estate Tycoon" hehe

Thanks mate :)

Hi Dan,

Could you explain a bit how you got the E2 visa with real estate? Did you start a real estate company or property management company?  Did you buy an apartment block and get the visa by managing this?

Would be interesting to hear hoe other do this?

Thx

Frederic

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you