New Investor from Houston Texas!!

15 Replies

Hello, BP! My name is Jorge Quintero. I am 22 years old, recently graduated electrical engineer. However, about a month ago a friend spoke to me about real estate investing and it was at that point that I realized my many goals and dreams in life could be achieved by becoming a full time RE investor. I now have my head in tons of books, listening to podcasts, and connecting with people in the industry. I have been in Houston all my life and have become pretty familiar with many areas in Houston. I’m thinking of starting with single family homes/small multi family properties and am also looking at the possibility of trailer parks. I have tons of ideas, lots of drive, and can’t wait to channel this passion into results and passive income!:) If you’re in Houston, I’d love to connect with you and bounce off ideas and resources. Thank you for welcoming me, BP!

Always good to see a fellow Houstonian join. 

Houston is a such a unique city with so many markets within the greater Houston area. Good luck in your investing, and also what areas are you looking to invest?

Originally posted by @Jorge Quintero :

@Roi C. @Effram Barrett I'm most familiar with the N/NW side of Houston (inside the beltway loop), so I want to mostly start investing in that area. I know some areas above 610 are doing really well, and I'm also looking at areas around 249 and I-45. What about yourselves?

I'm looking in the north east around Humble/Atascocita area for short term rentals

Hi. I am originally from the South-East side of Houston and living here again. I have family and friends spread out all around the city.

I know inside the 610 loop pretty well. I have had my feet on the ground in each of the wards. I have family in the local arts and music community, family in the medical community, family who work in shipping and industry, and family who work in the downtown business district. I know most of the areas south and east as far out as Galveston, Boliver, and Baytown. Of the outlying areas, I know Pasadena, Pearland, and Clear Lake especially well. 

For investment opportunities I'm looking in El Segundo, the areas surrounding the Heights, Bellaire-outside-the-loop, Pearland, and GOOF.

Hi Jorge;  Native Houstonian myself.  Sounds like you have a bright future ahead of you.  You can easily leverage your EE degree and be a great RE investor at the same time.   Building passive income while learning the RE ropes and earning a fat paycheck as an EE is an awesome plan for financial success.    

Hello Houstonians,

I've been lurking around BP for quite some time while building up some investment capital.

I am very much interested in getting involved in multi-family units and rentals as well as getting involved with people who have already begun their real estate investment journey.

I hope to connect with anyone who has a passion for learning and wants to have a positive effect on the areas where they invest.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a Real Estate Investment Club here in Houston that they recommend?

Cheers!

-Leo

Hello @Jorge Quintero -- Welcome to the BP community. I am a native Houstonian myself who has also recently started my investing journey. I am also a Realtor here in Houston as well. There are tons of great resources on this site that can help you get started. Good luck with everything!

Thank you @Hunter Hassebrock . I hope everyone had a blessed and joy filled Christmas.  We would love to see those of you in Houston at the event. Check the vents page.  Hunter linked to it in his post.  Check the events page for H.I.T a central Houston event on January 19th.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you