Votes
Ryan Williams
  • Edmonton, Alberta
Votes |
Edmonton Canada says Hey-O!

Ryan Williams
  • Edmonton, Alberta
Posted Dec 5 2017, 21:48
Hi everyone, I'm Ryan Williams from Edmonton, Canada. I just officially joined BP. I've been listening to the podcast for a little under a year. My coworker turned me onto the show and the forum. We are both office administrators and he is a real estate investor on the side with a couple rentals dating back to 2006. About a year ago he asked me if I would like to partner with him on a troubled 4plex conversion. I said yes and everything started there. We purchased a duplex with two basement units. It was shut down by the city because of the illegal basement suites. We hatched a plan to work through the red tape and convert the suites to legal units. The big plan is to use the brrrr method which is under way now. A few months later we purchased a single family home in a mature neighbourhood on the other side of the city. This one was a elderly lady's home who had moved out to a care facility, so the home was vacant for a period of time. We picked it up with the intention of doing a full rehab and another brrrr. That one is actually the one which has progressed further so far and well underway with the renovations. I have to apologize because I am a complete newbie and don't know anything, but we have jumped in with both feet and are figuring it out as we go. We are doing a lot of the work ourselves and falling deeper down the rabbit hole with each stage of the renovations. (Recently we made our own concrete forms so we can pour our own private basement entrance next week). I am excited to learn from everybody on the forum and glad to finally get involved. Enough about me. Thanks for listening! -Ry

Loading replies...